Friday, May 28, 2010

living in the polarity

My teachings have been varied this month. At the sports club we studied the Yamas last month and the Niyamas this month. I was very struck by the teachings of satya truthfulness this past two months and I must say it has been the underlying vibe coming through in my classes. Discovering again that if we partake in half truths and fantasy we dissipate our energy and the forces of nature can no longer flow though us unless we remain centered and truthful. Looking at intentions and then the undertone of our counter intentions that often on a subconscious level block us from moving with ease into our intentions.....giving us that roller coaster ups and downs of seeing some our intentions coming into reality and some painfully rejected. This has lead me to a deeper level of asking how to live in the polarity of what we hope for and what we seem to be somehow blocking from happening. Awareness and the cooperation have been two very powerful words to guide me peacefully into this "sticky place"

In my awareness of things, conversations, emails, interactions, and circumstances that feel uncomfortable or a bit off to me......if I cooperate with them and allow them to stay with me long enough to familiarize myself with them I have seen some wonderful shifting.Cooperation with the inevitable is where I am living, most of what I am living is already happening....so in its inevitable unfolding I am no longer resisting it.

Divine order is a concept of great importance to me. Last summer while on retreat in Mt Shasta area I asked the universe for an alchemy shift. I was unable in my mind to understand the divine order of things. In this time of meditation I was able to come out with a greater understanding and appreciation for the Divine order with in me.

Each Thing, situation, feeling action or reaction has a counterpart. That counterpart is there to teach me, balance me , harmonize me. My opinions washed away very quickly.....knowing deeply the existence of its opposite. Living with the blessings of every struggle is the beauty of the opposing force.

All of this came into a wonderful expression this past week when I knew from my life's experiences that the divine order shows us our perfection....and this perfection is the simultaneous rising up of the polarities, seeing them clearly in all situations brings us to an explosion of JOY and Harmony with in. This place gives birth to compassion and service. This place this reality lived does not have room for self action self interest...rather is is the home for Service and community. Yoga is union service and community! I am again brought back full circle to the origin and roots of my teachings ....the yoga within me and with in you.

Join me in classes this next month as we just live our lives knowing that life itself and its inevitable unfolding will provide us with everything.

Hugs to everyone as we wander into memorial day weekend

No comments: